While out and about a couple of weeks ago doing our garage sale thing, we found this sofa table-coffee table-not sure what kind of table, for only 5 bucks. Well, we sure couldn't pass that up and turns out it was perfect timing. I've been gathering pieces here and there to start redoing our oldest son's room. My first born is 19 soon to be 20, going to college and working and I thought it was about time to give him a more adult room. His room is the last on our bedroom design agenda, so, I'm pretty excited about getting started on it. It has looked the exact same for the last 6 years and I know he is ready for a change. One of the things I needed to find for him was a bedside table and so I thought, why not turn this table into one. The top of the table is just awful. Paint, oil, gunk, and a thick lacquer type top coat. Here's a couple of shots of the table when we brought it home. It's very retro and cool. And here...
Happy Friday! I don't know about you but I'm so ready for the weekend. Today I wanted to blog about a few cool pieces my hubby picked up at an auction last weekend. The first is this amazing 100 year old Hobart industrial coffee grinder. This thing weighs around 90 pounds! And the best thing is that it works perfectly. I had asked my hubby to keep an eye out for a cool vintage coffee grinder for our shop because we are wanting to have coffee available to our customers and I thought it would be really fun to freshly grind the beans in a vintage mill. Then he came home with this beauty and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to give it up. :) I love the lines..... Another piece he brought home is this steamer trunk. We've always wanted one and he loved this one. It needs a few minor repairs but I can't wait to find a special place for it. And he also found these vintage wool Navy blankets. They are so soft, ...
Hey there! I've received a number of emails lately asking how I built my dining room table or how I attached the top to the dining room table I already had. So I decided to do a tutorial for all those who asked. I didn't take any pictures when I did it so I took pictures of the under side of the table, which many of you have asked for, and will do my best to explain each step. As I mentioned in that post, I used pine 2 x 8's. After I distressed the boards, process discussed here , I laid them together evenly and attached wood brackets to keep them all together. As mentioned, I already had a dining room table, I just didn't like the top, so I removed it and was left with the base. Now, the previous table was also built by me using the table legs that my dad turned himself before he died. I created the apron (sides) with pine 1 x 5's and attached them to the legs with "L" brackets, as pointed out with arrows. To make them a little more stable, I...
Comments
Post a Comment